Welcome to Akira Kurosawa info!  Log in

New book from Bert Cardullo: Close Watching (includes Kurosawa essay)

•   link

Vili

Bert Cardullo, the editor of the excellent Akira Kurosawa: Interviews, and the author of many other film books, has a new book out titled Close Watching: Fifteen Don’t-Miss Movies for the Film Aficionado, 1922-1983.

It contains fifteen essays on a diverge range of films, one of them Akira Kurosawa’s Seven Samurai. I’m not sure if it’s the same essay that appears on Cardullo’s earlier book, Teaching Sound Film: A Reader.

If you are interested in learning more, the book is available from Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk, among other places.

link

Dan Harper

Based on my experience (https://tangodelviudo.blogspot.com/2012/04/where-did-i-read-that-before.html), I’d say there’s a good chance that Cardullo’s book is both a reprint and not entirely his own work.

link

Vili

Thanks for the link, Dan. This is very disappointing news, indeed — although, looking at the dates on your blog post and the other posts that it links to, it’s not really even news at this point. Nonetheless, I had never heard of Cardullo’s acts of plagiarism before. Such a shame someone would do something like that. And it seems, not even all that cleverly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Leave a comment