Welcome to Akira Kurosawa info!  Log in or Register?

Motorcycles in Kurosawa’s movies?

•   link

Vili

Can anyone think of a Kurosawa film other than “Scandal” with a motorcycle in it? I was approached by a director of an Italian museum who is organizing an exhibition about motorcycles in films, and all I can think of is “Scandal”.

While none of the other films, as far as I can remember, have a motorcycle at the centre of the action, I’m pretty sure other films have bikes in, so to speak, “lesser roles”.

link

BMWRider

I have pondered on this all day and can think of none. I may have to make this a project next holiday.

link

Vili

You wouldn’t be able to tell me what the model of the bike in “Scandal” is? I was asked about this, but know next to nothing about things on wheels, so I have no idea.

link

BMWRider

I’ll try to take a look and see if I can figure it out. I am not real expert on Japanese bikes.

link

Vili

Thanks!

link

Master Thief

In High & Low when the police report on the search for the Toyopet car, there is a cut to a motorcycle cop pulling over one of these cars.

link

Vili

Thanks, Master Thief!

link

Vili

Just in case you have missed it, the museum director has posted a separate request for posters/images in this topic.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Leave a comment