Welcome to Akira Kurosawa info!  Log in or Register?

Asu O Tsakuro Hitobito

•   link

Binae

🙂

Hello…I am new in here. Glad to see such a group to respect the great man. Now, I have most of the films directed by him. But I have aproblem with one movie that I have, for it doesn’t have English subs. The movie is ‘Asu o tsukuru hitobito’ (original title)Those Who Make Tomorrow (1946). Any kind person in here who can help me with that? Any Japanese friends in here who would be kind enough to step up?

One more thing: Could anyone, as I saw in one other post that brought me in here, post the list of all the movies both directed and /or written by Kurosawa. If you are the man for it, please include any movie with his slightest involvement. I do not know if it would be possible to get a list, but if someone could, you would always be in my prayers :mrgreen:

Thanks for your time…Respects for the admin.

link

Vili

Hi Binae! Unfortunately, I am not aware of any English subtitles available for Those Who Make Tomorrow. Someone mentioned seeing it in the US at some point though, and if that’s the case a translation at least ought to exist.

I would actually be very interested to hear where you got a copy of the film, as I wouldn’t mind getting one myself! It’s quite unavailable. I know that there is a file circulating on the internet claiming to be the film, but in reality it is Kurosawa’s No Regrets for Our Youth with the wrong file name.

As for a list of Kurosawa’s works, check out his IMDb entry. It’s quite comprehensive.

You may also be interested in checking my lists of Kurosawa DVDs, Kurosawa blu-rays, other films Kurosawa worked on and a list of Kurosawa remakes.

Wikipedia’s list of creative works is also pretty comprehensive.

link

Amnesty11

Welcome Binae. We are a nice group of Kurosawa admirers who also admire each other even when we disagree!

Looking forward to seeing you on the message boards…

link

cocoskyavitch

Hello Binae! Is the Wiki entry compehensive enough? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_creative_works_by_Akira_Kurosawa

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Leave a comment