Welcome to Akira Kurosawa info!  Log in or Register?

A year of Mubi for 50 € or $60

Tagged: ,

•   link

Vili

I thought some of you might be interested in the discount that the art film streaming service Mubi is running this weekend and which gives you access to the service for a year for about 50 € (instead of their regular 9.99 € / month). Check it out here.

I think I’ll bite. I used to have a subscription but cancelled it since I rarely watched anything. A fiver a month sounds about right for me, especially now that in addition to the constantly rotating 30 film titles that come and go, they also have a library of films that’s more stable.

link

Fortinbras

Thank you. This is interesting. I can’t find information about subtitles on their webpage. Do you remember what options they have regarding subtitles? I guess non-English films can have optional subtitles in English? Does English films have optional subtitles?

link

Vili

I got myself the subscription again, so I just ran through the current 30 film list to check this for you. Only one film in the current lineup doesn’t have any subtitles. It’s an English film. Every other film (including the films that are in English) have English subtitles and most have between 4-6 other languages as well.

I’m not sure how localised these things are though. I know that the lineup and library catalogue aren’t identical everywhere in the world, so it could be that they also have different subtitles in different parts of the world. But I hope this helps!

link

Fortinbras

Thank you. I started a subscription and I look forward to check out this service the coming year.

link

Fortinbras

And already I’ve found some Kurosawa documentaries that I haven’t seen. Great!

link

Vili

You have the Kurosawa documentaries available on the service? Nice! I only see them listed, but they don’t appear to be available for me to watch. It’s a bit confusing, what’s available in the library and what isn’t. The Android TV app also doesn’t have a search function. Oh well. Still a lot of interesting stuff there.

link

Fortinbras

Hahaha! You’re right! They are listed, but not available to watch. Yesterday I was just browsing and put some films on my watchlist. But they are not available to watch. What’s the point?
    Well, I guess it’s worth the price over one year anyway, but still a bit frustrating that they list films not available to watch.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Leave a comment