Welcome to Akira Kurosawa info!  Log in or Register?

Kindred Spirits

•   link

Hi, everybody. I’ve been reading through some of the forums here and love the discussions, so I thought I’d take some time to introduce myself. I’ve been a big Kurosawa fan for a number of years now, and have seen about half of his films. I found out about this site over on reddit when I posted a few weeks ago about my own Kurosawa blog that I just started. I think it was Vili who dropped a comment on there about this film club, so I figured I drop in and see what it was like. I’ve really been enjoying lurking over here when I have the time, and it turns out that we’re going to be discussing the movies in pretty much the same order over pretty much the same amount of time. It’s odd how that worked out, but also pretty cool. Anyhow, I look forward to more great discussions and I’ll be sure to start adding to them myself as I watch more of Kurosawa’s films. In fact, I’m going to sit down with The Most Beautiful tomorrow, so I’ll hopefully be able to contribute something on that pretty soon. Thanks everyone!

Vili Maunula

Hi Mike, and welcome to the group! It was indeed me who slipped in that shameless advertisement over at reddit.

It’s been a little quiet here lately, but it tends to go in waves. Feel at home though, and remember to drop us a note whenever you post your reviews!

I read your Sanshiro Sugata post (which is here, if anyone missed it), and I’m glad to see that you liked the film. Have you had the time to look at our discussions of the film? Here are the threads: Sanshiro Sugata. It would be interesting to hear your response to any of these topics!

Thanks for the welcome. I’ve not read through all of the posts for the Sanshiro Sugata films yet. I just watched The Most Beautiful for my blog and have been concentrating on that. I posted the review today in fact if anyone’s interested. I think once I watch Sanshiro Sugata: Part II I’ll go back and read through the posts in the forums here. It’s actually kind of cool that we’re on a similar pace. It’s a bit more structured here with one film per month. I’m just trying to watch when I have time (although that will probably work out to be about one per month). Anyway, I’m going over to The Most Beautiful threads to see what everyone else thought.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Leave a comment